Monday, April 9, 2007

Happy Easter


Well what an Easter it was. Heather and I made the mistake of placing Easter eggs outside of the kids room this year. At 5 am, yes 5 am we were woken up by the crying of our son...but this time it was coming from downstairs. We got out of bed and Heather raced out to the hallway and found him crying about half way down the stairs. She picked him up and asked what was wrong. He screamed out "I just want to eat the eggs!". Here he had a handful of eggs in his little hands. So we put him back to bed and about 15 minutes later we hear another loud scream. I go into his room and ask him what's wrong this time and he tells me "daddy the eggs are waking me up you better take them". Heather and I laughed so hard that by the time we fell asleep again the kids were getting up. Later that morning our son got sick of asking if he could eat some more eggs and us telling him that he had enough so the next time we found him in his closet eating more eggs. Yes he is character! I've added some pictures from the day...not the best family pictures but they had to do as I only had one lens and my father just got out of the hospital and needed to stand against a wall to hold him up (I'll write about that in another blog). To me they may not be "by the book family portraits" but seeing as I almost lost my father last month they are priceless!